QUICK GUIDE TO CONTENTS
(EFFECTIVE AS OF JANUARY 2021)
OUR INFORMATION PRACTICES
Our policies and procedures protect the privacy of current and former clients.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In the normal course of business we collect:
- Information requested on applications and other forms (including name, address, income and household information);
- Data about your transactions (such as the products you purchase and your account status);
- Information from outside sources, such as public information;
- Information gathered from our web sites, such as through online forms, site visit data and information collection devices (“cookies”);
- Information collected from consumer credit reporting agencies; and
- Health information collected with your permission when you apply for products like life insurance or long-term care insurance.
SAFEGUARDING YOUR INFORMATION
Donumvita maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that meet state and federal regulations. Access to customer information is limited to people who need the information to perform their job responsibilities. We regularly update and improve our security standards, procedures and technology to protect against unauthorized access to your confidential information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Donumvita may share the information we collect about you as allowed by law, including for normal business administration and related business services. The information may be shared:
- Within the Donumvita Family; and
- With non-affiliates, such as banks, third parties that perform research and marketing functions for us or service providers that help us process transaction or service your accounts. Our service providers may include Donumvita agents, billing, printing and mail service companies.
We may disclose the information we collect about you when required or permitted by law, such as to:
- Respond to a subpoena;
- Prevent fraud and other crimes;
- Comply with legal requirements; or
- Respond to a government inquiry.
WE WILL NEVER SHARE YOUR HEALTH INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES FOR MARKETING PURPOSES.
IMPORTANT PRIVACY CHOICES
Donumvita respects your privacy choices. You have the option to tell us not to share your information as follows:
- Within the Donumvita Family of Companies to let you know about our products and services. The information we share may include household and financial data.
- With non-affiliated companies with which we have joint agreements, such as banks, credit card issuers and online services, to offer you their products and services. The information we share may include name, address and information about your transactions with us.
- With your agent and his or her new company if your agent leaves the Donumvita Family of Companies. We may share your name, address and information about your Donumvita products so that your agent can continue to service your needs.
If you do not want us to share your information in any of the ways described above, just call (702) 871-8535.
The choice you make will apply to all the products you purchased from the Donumvita Family of Companies. If one joint owner tells us not to share information, that choice will also apply to the other owner(s). If you have already told us of your choices, there’s no need to call again.
The accuracy of your information is important to us. You have the right to access and seek correction of your information, and we will respond to your request in accordance with applicable law. We will follow the privacy law in your state if that law is different than the policy described in this notice.
INFORMING CUSTOMERS ABOUT PRIVACY
This privacy notice takes effect August 2019. You will receive our privacy notice at least once a year, as long as you are a policyholder or client. You can receive additional copies of our privacy notice on our web site (www.donumvita.com) or you can write to:
3225 MCLEOD DR STE 100
LAS VEGAS NV 89121
You can also call us at (702) 871-8535.
(EFFECTIVE AS OF AUGUST 2019)
OUTLINE OF CONTENTS
I. INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
A. Personal Information Collection
When you visit the Sites, we may obtain personal information about you in various ways. The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Contact information you provide, such as name, postal address, email address and telephone number;
- Information you submit in connection with electronic payments, such as bank account information;
- Information you submit in connection with reporting a claim on the Sites, including Policy Number, contact information, Social Security Number and date of birth of you and the deceased, and cause of death;
- Information you submit in connection with a career opportunity at Donum Vita, such as contact information, information in your resume, and details about your current employment; and
- Information contained in content you submit, such as through our “Contact” feature or user experience surveys.
B. Automated Collection of Data
When you use the Sites, we may obtain certain information by automated means, such as browser cookies, web beacons, device identifiers, server logs, and other technologies. The information we obtain in this manner may include your device IP address, domain name, identifiers associated with your devices, device and operating system type and characteristics, web browser characteristics, language preferences, clickstream data, your interactions with our Sites (such as the web pages you visit, links you click and features you use), the pages that led or referred you to our Sites, dates and times of access to our Sites, and other information about your use of our Sites.
A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. We and our third-party service providers may use beacons in emails to help us track response rates, identify when our emails are accessed or forwarded, and for other purposes listed below.
These technologies help us (1) properly identify your computer and remember your information so you will not have to re-enter it, (2) tailor the Sites around your preferences, (3) measure the usability and functionality of the Sites, (4) understand the effectiveness of our communications, (5) generate meaningful usage statistics, such as how many visitors entered the Sites, how they interacted with the Sites and specific pages that were visited, and (6) otherwise manage and enhance the Sites.
You can stop certain types of cookies from being downloaded on your computer by selecting the appropriate settings on your web browser. Most web browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new browser cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new browser cookie and how to disable existing cookies. You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking “help” on your browser’s menu or by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org. Our Sites are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers. Please be aware that if you choose to disable cookies or other automated technologies, you may not be able to use all the features of our Sites.
1. Third-Party Web Analytics Services
Through our Sites, we may obtain information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites, devices and other online services. On our Sites, we use third-party online analytics services, and the service providers that administer these analytics services use automated technologies to collect data (such as email address, IP addresses, cookies and other device identifiers) to evaluate, for example, use of our Sites, to diagnose technical issues and to serve ads.
2. Online Tracking and Interest-Based Advertising
Additionally, through our Sites, both we and certain third parties (such as Google Search) may collect information about your online activities to provide you with advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests. You may see our ads on other websites because we participate in advertising networks. Ad networks allow us to target our messaging to users considering demographic data, users’ inferred interests and browsing context. These networks track users’ online activities over time by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of browser cookies, device identifiers, server logs, web beacons and other similar technologies. The networks use this information to show ads that may be tailored to individuals’ interests, to track users’ browsers or devices across multiple websites, and to build a profile of users’ online browsing activities. The information our ad networks may collect includes data about users’ visits to websites that participate in the relevant ad networks, such as the pages or ads viewed and the actions taken on the websites. This data collection takes place both on our Sites and on third-party websites that participate in the ad networks. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. Learn how to opt out of tracking here: (1) https://www.aboutads.info/choices or (2) http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
II. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
Depending on the type of information collected, we may use the information we obtain through the Sites to:
- Personalize your experience on the Sites;
- identify and authenticate you so you may use the Sites;
- create your account;
- process your payments;
- determine your eligibility for our products and services;
- administer our products and services;
- respond to your inquiries and requests;
- conduct user experience surveys;
- connect you with an appropriate agent;
- provide you information about our products and services;
- manage career opportunities, including for recruitment purposes (such as processing job applications);
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our products and services; analyzing our products and services; managing our communications; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities; and
We may use the information we obtain in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
III. INFORMATION SHARING
We also may disclose information about you (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; (6) in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation); or (7) otherwise with your consent.
IV. YOUR CHOICES
V. OTHER ONLINE SERVICES AND THIRD-PARTY FEATURES
Our Sites may provide links to other online services and websites for your convenience and information, and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins. These services, websites, and third-party features may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of these third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, are subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked online services or third-party features are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for these third parties’ information practices.
VI. HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information we obtain through the Sites against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
VII. CHILDREN’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
IX. HOW TO CONTACT US
3225 MCLEOD DR STE 100
LAS VEGAS NV 89121